At Downs View we are committed to foster children’s curiosity about the world around them and their place within it.
- Provide a high-quality geography education by shaping a creative, exciting and inclusive enquiry based curriculum.
- Through wider experiences and provision during child initiated times.
- Provide challenge, deeper learning and develops children’s curiosity about the world around us.
- Equipped children with the skills and knowledge to investigate, explore and think critically about geographical concepts including their locality, the UK and making comparisons to a contrasting locality.
- Through child initiated children develop their curiosity of the world around them through a variety of activities that allow them to understand the interaction between human and physical processes.
- Children want to investigate the world around them, exploring geographical language and think critically about the content explored.
- Children’s wellbeing is high whilst they investigate geographical skills and knowledge.
- Children can be masters of their learning and think critically about geographical content.
For progression of skills please click here: