The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers. Schools receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1345 for pupils in reception year to year 6
Schools receive £2345 for each pupil identified in the spring school census as having left local-authority care because of 1 of the following:
- a special guardianship order
- a child arrangements order
- a residence order
Schools also receive £310 for each pupil in year groups reception to year 11 recorded as Ever 6 Service Child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence
How is Pupil Premium Funding spent at Downs View?
All pupils receive their entitlement. The type of support that each child receives is child centred and needs led. The impact of support provided is reviewed regularly at pupil progress meetings. Support will vary from child to child. Our aim is that every child achieves their full potential and thrives on high levels of wellbeing and involvement through equality of opportunity.
Pupil Premium provision includes the following:
- Learning Intervention and Support sessions to close attainment and progress gaps in reading, writing, maths and phonics
- Support for specific programmes e.g. Fizzy, Jump Ahead
- Educational resources
- Art and Lego Therapy
- Parent Support ( including Family Liaison Officer Support)
- Financial Inclusion Support e.g. payment of school trips, purchase of school uniform
- Extra-curricular clubs provision, e.g. musicality and football
- Access to Educational Psychology Programmes
- Access to 8:30 Club
- Forest School provision
- Attendance at Pupil Premium days and G&T workshops
- Payment of School milk
What could this look like for my child? Pupil Premium Benefits for children
The school pupil premium strategy document for 2019/20 demonstrates how funding was spent in 2019/20 and its impact. The current strategy for 2020/21 demonstrates a strategic plan to diminish the difference between disadvantaged and other pupils.
Pupil Premium Vision and Aims
At Down’s View, our vision is that “Every child matters, every child succeeds”.
We are passionate in our quest to break down barriers for learning in all pupils. We use in-depth knowledge to ensure that disadvantaged children and families are provided the personalised support required to diminish attainment differences with “other” pupils.
We do this in a number of ways, which include:
- Signpost parents to the FLO for support,
- Personalise the curriculum to accelerate learning,
- Provide pastoral provision to raise levels of wellbeing and involvement,
- Promote “life skills” and experiences in lessons to increase equality of opportunity,
- Payment of extra-curricular clubs and educational visits,
- Build relationships with parents/carers, and
- Promote school activities to try to raise attendance.
- We have high aspirations for all pupils and try our best to ensure equality and inclusion for all.
Children eligible for the pupil premium grant make accelerated progress and have
Access to opportunities that will enhance life experiences and equip children to excel
within their next stage of education with high levels of self-esteem and resilience.
School Values (Linked to School Plan 2019-20)
Love – Foster a life-long love for learning about the beliefs, values and experiences of others.
Learn –All pupils are able to access the personalised curriculum to ensure differences are diminished.
Respect –Pupils and staff recognise and respect diversity which exists within and between communities and amongst individuals.
Fun – Children to engage in fun and innovative lessons that are personalised to the children to ensure all children’s needs are met.
Pupil Premium Champion’s Long Term Vision for Pupil Premium within Downs View
Through providing a rich, creative and personalised curriculum staff are able to raise pupil aspirations, enrich children’s learning through a wealth of varied experiences, promote a positive attitude to learning, diminish differences, raise levels of wellbeing and engagement and improve pupil attendance.
Please find our Pupil Premium Policy here