We are seeking to appoint a Business Manager who is committed to working in partnership with the school administrator and the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will have a financial qualification and/or relevant experience within a financial background. You will need to be forward thinking and work strategically to lead on matters related to finance, premises and health and safety.
This is such an important role as the budget constraints heighten whilst the school’s high standards of inclusive education must be maintained for all children. This is an exciting challenge for somebody dynamic who would like to make a difference!
To become part of our outstanding team as a Business Manager, you will need to:
- Have experience of working as part of an administrative or business team, in a school or other establishment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to negotiate and liaise with a range of stake holders
- Have a financial qualification and/or relevant experience within a financial background
- Be committed, flexible and well organised
- Be computer literate, especially in accounting methods, spread sheets and data based software.
- Be able to maintain and monitor budgets efficiently
- Effectively control income and expenditure in compliance with legal, local and national requirements
- Be forward thinking, planning creative ways to save money and raise income
- Have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Be able to lead a small team of support staff to maximise the most efficient and profitable business solutions
- Willingness to research and attend training to further develop skills and keep abreast of new requirements
- Be a happy person at the front of the school, liaising with parents, young children, staff and visitors in a friendly manner
- Be able to work in a busy office as part of a team whilst still working in isolation to complete tasks efficiently
- Take a sense of pride in the environment and ensure outstanding standards around the school are maintained in relation to cleanliness, tidiness and safety
- Demonstrate the vision and values of the school in everyday work and practice
Hours: minimum 35hours up to 40 hours per week
(Starting and finishing times are negotiable).
Term time only with an additional 2 weeks per year. (41 weeks per year).
Salary: KR7 -£21,790- £24,790 or KR 8 -24,791- £28,412 (pro-rata)Dependent upon experience.
Downs View is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS and Barring check.
Please read our application pack attached which gives further details of the post. Details and application pack can be found here.