Art Vision Statement
Our vision is to develop art appreciation, visual awareness and creative self-expression through the teaching of basic art and design techniques in a fun and inspirational way.
- To ensure that the school is equipped with quality, child friendly products for the children to explore and immerse themselves.
- To ensure that Art and Design is used to aid general concentration and memory, boost creativity, promote good mental health and reduce anxiety amongst children.
- To provide creative opportunities and experiences for children to be involved in and practice art in different ways.
- To foster a life-long love of Art in our children through early educational opportunities and prepare gifted children to become exceptional artists.
- To introduce a new Artist each term to enthuse and inspire children to explore art in new and exciting ways using a range of media.
- Provision of high quality CPD resulting in all teachers having the knowledge and skills to plan and deliver a creative and inspiring art curriculum.
- Regular whole school art projects centered around our school values to build upon our sense of community and aid well-being.
- Focused art clubs to enable children to experiment with technique, develop skills and promote accelerated progress.
- Opportunities to produce art outdoors and in different environments provide children with new and exciting experiences.
- Vocabulary/ terminology cards are used throughout the school, so that children can discuss and reflect upon their art work and that of others.
- The children have a love, appreciation and diverse knowledge of art, including techniques and artists.
- Children develop new skills, encounter new experiences and explore a wide variety of techniques.
- Children gain a greater knowledge of artistic vocabulary and can discuss their own artwork and that of their peers and famous artists.
- Teachers are confident in delivering exciting, innovative lessons.
- All children will achieve their best in Art
- Art enables a true community spirit and develops the children's cultural capital, enabling them to be educated citizens of the future .